Government Shutdown Assistance
Government shutdown hitting home? Apple FCU can help.
At Apple FCU, we are committed to helping your family in times of prosperity and times of trial. During this government shutdown, we want to assure you that Apple FCU is prepared to help you and your family through these precarious, uncertain times.
If you or your family are affected by the government shutdown, we have the following solutions available to help you access cash when you need it:
- Government Shutdown Loan: If you are a federal government employee, have direct deposit with Apple Federal Credit Union and are not being paid during the shutdown, we may be able to provide you with a 0% APR* interest loan up to a maximum of $5,000. The maximum repayment term will be 6 months, and you will only be eligible for the loan if the government fails to pay eligible employees during the shutdown. To apply for this loan, login to your Online Banking or Mobile App, and click Add a Product and then click Auto and Personal. Be sure to select Signature Loan from the drop-down menu, and note 'Government Shutdown' in the Comments section.
- Skip-A-Loan Payment**: You may be eligible to skip your auto or personal loan payment. Visit AppleFCU.org and login, view your eligible loan and click on Skip-a-Pay.
- Penalty-Free Certificate Withdrawal: All fees will be waived should you elect to close a Certificate early.†
- FREE BALANCE Financial Counseling: Talk with a financial counselor for confidential guidance on how to handle your finances. Access FREE BALANCE Financial Counseling online at or toll-free at 888-456-2227.
- Personal Loans, Lines of Credit and Credit Cards: We offer various loan types to help ease your financial hardship.
We’re Here to Help
Ready to discuss your options? We’re here to help! Stop by any Apple branch or call 703-788-4800 for assistance.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate as of 10/2/23. This is a limited-time offer and is subject to change at any time. To qualify, you must submit proof of federal employment and apply using your current salary. Approval based on an evaluation of applicant credit; all applicants may not qualify.
**Offer valid through 10/31/23. Not all loan types qualify. See applefcu.org/skip for details. May be required to present proof of federal employment to qualify.
†Must request withdrawal by 10/31/23 to qualify and may be required to present proof of federal employment to qualify.