Privacy is Our Priority
Apple Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting our members personal information from unauthorized access and use. See how we collect, share, and protect your personal information below.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- Account transactions and credit history
- Employment information and transaction or loss history
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Apple Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
What Does Apple Federal Credit Union Do With Your Personal Information?
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Apple Federal Credit Union share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
To Limit Our Sharing
Call 703-788-4800 and our menu will prompt you through your choice(s).
If you are a new member, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or make a wire transfer
- Show your government-issued ID or tell us where to send the money
- Show us your driver's license
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes ‐ information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include financial companies, such as Apple Financial Services.
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Apple Federal Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include advertising/marketing agencies, credit card companies and financial advisors.