NetBranch Online Banking
703-788-4800 Member Service Center Hours:
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Competitive Compensation. Excellent Benefits. Employer of Choice.
Apple Federal Credit Union is always searching for talented, hard-working, service-oriented people to join our dynamic organization! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we offer rewarding career opportunities in retail branch operations, as well as a variety of other vital areas of the organization, such as Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Mortgage Lending, and more.
Apple strives to be an Employer of Choice by offering a competitive total rewards package, which includes:
- Market-based pay
- Generous benefits
- Comprehensive medical coverage — medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Education assistance reimbursement
- Ongoing internal career development opportunities
- Visionary leadership and talented management
- Culture of open communication, community involvement, learning and fun
- Headquarters fitness and wellness facility
- A variety of Northern Virginia branch locations within easy commuting distance.
Apple values its talented staff and offers an excellent benefits package, which is highly competitive within industry standards. A staff member's total rewards package includes base pay, potential T.E.A.M. bonus, benefits and a great place to work.
Comprehensive medical coverage including preventive care, vision care, prescription drugs and mental health/substance abuse care.
- Choice of HMO, HRA or PPO plan.
- Apple FCU pays 90% of the premium for single coverage and 80% of the premium for all dependent coverage for our HRA and HMO plans and the same dollar amount that we pay toward the HMO toward PPO coverage.
- $1,000 yearly taxable cash benefit to employees who opt out of Apple’s health insurance plan.
- Comprehensive dental coverage, including orthodontia for children.
- Apple FCU pays 90% of the insurance premium for single coverage and 80% of the premium for all dependent coverage.
Supplemental insurance available.
- All of Apple FCU’s properties are smoke-free.
- Apple offers a smoking cessation program, a fitness center (at Headquarters), and a wellness library, and communications and initiatives throughout the year to promote staff wellness and well-being.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have around-the-clock access to free, confidential assistance for resolving a variety of personal, professional and work-related problems.
Elect to contribute up to the statutory maximum per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for eligible healthcare expenses.
Dependent Care FSA
Elect to contribute up to the statutory maximum per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for eligible childcare expenses.
Education Assistance Reimbursement
Full-time – Employees may be reimbursed up to $5,250 per year for degree programs, undergraduate and or/graduate coursework. Part-Time – Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,500 per year for degree programs and/or undergraduate courework.
Training and Professional Development
We’re committed to employee development and provide a wide variety of online and classroom learning opportunities to promote staff career development and ensure they stay up to date on industry changes, products and services, and regulations.
Benefit is no cost to you and pays 66 2/3% of employee monthly earnings if disabled for 90 days or more.
Short-term Disability, Cancer Protection, Accident Protection, Long Term Care Insurance and Life Insurance.
Group-Term Life Insurance
Benefit is fully paid by Apple and is two times an employee’s salary.
Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
Apple contributes to a defined benefit plan on behalf of eligible staff members that can provide supplemental income at retirement.
Pre-tax 401k Retirement Savings Plan
Apple matches dollar for dollar up to 5% of employee compensation for eligible staff members.
- Full-time - 12-24 days per year.
- Part-time - Accrue leave on a prorated basis based on the hours worked.
- Full-time 12 days per year, accrual is unlimited.
- 10 paid regular holidays (part-time staff members are paid a specific number of holiday hours for the 10 holidays observed by the Credit Union).
- 24 hours of personal leave per year.
Other Paid Leave
- Paid leave for specific types of military training, bereavement and court leave.
Leave Sell Back
- Employees may sell back vacation leave in excess of required minimums.
Apple Federal Credit Union realizes that the key to our organizational success is our people. We strive to be the Employer of Choice for applicants and current staff members. We are committed to making a difference and one of the ways in which we do this is to reward and recognize our talent. We believe that by doing so, we improve the quality of employee work life as well as foster staff satisfaction, individual and team contributions and organizational effectiveness.
- Annual Merit Performance Review. Based on a staff member's performance during the previous year, they have the opportunity to increase their annual pay.
- Management Career Path Awards. Apple managers are recognized for completing specific learning activities toward their development and career path.
- Service Anniversary Recognition. Recognition for staff members who've earned milestone tenure at Apple Federal Credit Union. Staff are invited to an appreciation breakfast and given a commemorative gift.
- T.E.A.M. Bonus. A supplementary compensation program that rewards eligible staff members. The Together Everyone Achieves More pay for performance program helps employees to understand and focus on key strategic organizational goals and encourages teamwork and exemplary member service.
2016 Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award in Learning
Apple FCU won a coveted Brandon Hall Group bronze award for excellence in the Best Advance in Competencies and Skill Development category. The award signifies that the Credit Union's innovative learning techniques have demonstrated a measurable benefit to the business, not just the educational element of Human Capital Management.
2013 Prince William County Public Schools Business Partner of the Year
Prince William County Public Schools (PWCS) Office of Community and Business Engagement named Apple Federal Credit Union Education Foundation 2013 Business Partner of the Year. The Apple FCU Education Foundation was one of four PWCS partners honored with the prestigious award recognizing businesses committed to supporting teachers, and helping students become competent, creative and constructive citizens within the community.
2013 Virginia School Boards Association’s Business Honor Roll
The City of Fairfax School Board recognized Apple Federal Credit Union for the company’s strong support of the division’s schools. Honored as part of the Virginia School Boards Association’s (VSBA) 2013 Business Honor Roll program, Apple received the award for contributing to the financial education and success of the students with programs which include mentoring and reading partnerships with Providence Elementary.
2012 Corporate Citizen of the Year
Apple Federal Credit Union won the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce 2012 Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year Award among Mid-Size businesses. Apple was one of six finalists nominated in the category for the prestigious award which honors businesses that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and have excelled in their efforts to better the community through social responsibility.
2011 Fairfax County Public Schools Business Partner of the Year
Apple Federal Credit Union and the Apple FCU Education Foundation were jointly named Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Business Partner of the Year. Apple FCU and the Apple Education Foundation were one of 44 FCPS partners nominated for the prestigious award honoring businesses committed to supporting teachers, and helping students become competent, creative and constructive citizens within the community.
2011 Falls Church City Public Schools Business in Education Partner of the Year
Apple Federal Credit Union won the Falls Church City Public Schools BIE Partner of the Year Award. Apple was one of six companies nominated for the prestigious award which honors businesses that are committed to supporting teachers and helping students become competent, creative and constructive citizens within the community.
2010 Helios Apollo Award™, Mid-Size Company
The Helios Apollo Awards recognize Washington, D.C. metropolitan-area organizations that promote a value-added, on-going learning environment within their organization to benefit employees. As an organization founded by educators for the benefit of all those in the Northern Virginia Community touched by education, scholastic opportunities and growth are core to Apple FCU's corporate identity. This award honors Apple's efforts to foster an engaged, knowledgeable and confident employee base that works to provide a quality of service set apart from its competitors.
Apple Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All employees will be subject to credit and background checks to determine employment eligibility.