Design Your Own Card - FAQs
What is Design Your Own Card (DYOC) Credit Card?
DYOC allows you to customize your Apple FCU Visa® Credit Card by uploading a personal, unique image, customize the image of the card and submit it for approval. Or, you can choose from a library of distinct images.
Is there a cost for my first custom card?
No, Apple provides the first DYOC Credit Card absolutely FREE for each of the primary, secondary and authorized users.
How often can I change my card design?
You may change your card design every 30 days. A $9.99 fee per card will be applied for each new design. Fees are charged to your Apple Credit Card at the time of ordering.
Who may request a personalized card?
Any Apple member that has an Apple Credit Card is eligible.
Can I have a different card image than my secondary cardholder or authorized user?
Yes, the primary, secondary and authorized users will have the ability to customize their own credit card.
How do I design my own card?
Three easy steps:
- Select image – Upload a personal image from your computer or browse the online catalog
- Design your card – Rotate, flip or crop your image
- Review/order your card – Image may be immediately ordered or saved for future approval.
What is the image format?
All images uploaded must be in a valid graphical image format such as JPG, TIFF or BMP. The image size must be at least 640 pixels wide or tall to ensure that adequate image information exists to generate a printable card design. Keep in mind, a larger, high resolution file will produce a better quality image when printed.
How do I know when my image is approved or denied?
You will receive an email confirmation.
If I have designed multiple cards, can I choose the one I want to use?
No, the most current image will print on the card.
Why would an image be denied or rejected?
- Copyrighted or trademarked material
- Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs
- Profanity or other obscene behavior or gestures
- Controversial subject matter such as religious or political statements or images
- Phone numbers or URL’s addresses
- Images that feature athletes, entertainers, celebrities, musicians or cartoon characters
- Violent acts or death imagery
- >Advertising or promotional materials, or branded products
- Images we deem provocative, sexual, violent or otherwise offensive
- Nudity or semi-nudity
- Images which show illegal or anti-social behavior
- Images of alcohol, tobacco or firearms.
When my card expires, will I have the same unique image?
Yes, the reissued card will have the same image as your most recently requested design.
If I lose my card, will my replacement card have my personalized image?
Yes, once you've reported the card lost, the replacement card will have the most recently requested design.
Will the expiration date remain the same on a card after it's been personalized? How will this affect the other users on the account?
No. The expiration date will be pushed out by 30 days if the expiration month falls between January and November. If the expiration month is December, the date is pushed out 60 days.
New cards will be mailed out to all associated cardholders associated with the account based on the following scenarios:
- Should the primary, secondary and authorized users all submit a custom image within 48 hours of each other, cards will have their expiration date changed once and be sent once. The primary, secondary and authorized user will all receive their custom cards and the expiration date will be pushed as noted above.
- One cardholder on the account submits a custom image and the others do not within 48 hour time period. The cardholder that submitted the custom image will be sent the custom card and the other cardholders will receive cards with Apple's standard design; the expiration date will be pushed as noted above.
- Secondary cardholder on the account submits a custom image and the primary and authorized users do not within 48 hour time period. The secondary cardholder that submitted the custom image will receive a card with their custom image. The primary and authorized users receive cards with Apple's standard design and the expiration date will be pushed as noted above.
- Ninety days later, the primary cardholder submits a custom image. The primary cardholder that submitted the custom image will receive their card with the new custom image. The secondary cardholder will receive their card with the custom image submitted 90 days ago, and the authorized user will receive a card with Apple's standard design. The expiration date for all three cardholders will be pushed out an additional 30 days as noted above.
- If a primary cardholder orders a DYOC Credit Card and the secondary and authorized users do not place their order within 48 hours, the secondary and authorized cardholders will not be permitted to complete a DYOC session for a period of 30 days.
Will the cardholder be able to use the generic card until the custom card ordered is delivered?
If a cardholder creates a DYOC Credit Card, will the new cards mailed out need to be activated?